18225 Hale Avenue Morgan Hill, CA 95037 | Full-Time Direct Hire
We are in need of a full time, direct hire Occupational Therapist to work in a Program Management position in Morgan Hill, CA.
The Position: Provides leadership, coordination and supervision for all aspects of the assigned program in a manner that ensures high quality, cost effective care. This position requires daily organization and provision of group and individual psychoeducation, social support and recreation services. With direction and following established procedures, provides milieu/or direct client service, in all areas of daily living, rehabilitation and treatment. Performs activities which contribute to the achievement of work unit goals and objectives. Responsibilities may include direction of other junior staff in the co-facilitation of services. Completes clinical records and other required documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities include but aren' t limited to the following:
Full– time responsibility of the organization and evaluation of planned activities.
- Provides milieu and/or mental health rehabilitation support. Provides assistance and supports to clients in all areas of daily living, rehabilitation and treatment.
- Assists with assessment and intervention to all client crises, including necessary follow-up, using appropriate consultation.
- Completes clinical records and other required documentation in accordance with agency, payer and regulatory requirements, utilizing paper or computer technology as required.
- Monitors residents’ behavioral changes, reinforces positive appropriate behavior, offers counseling and support to residents in need, provides documentation accordingly and reports observations to the supervisor; monitors for signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Assists in initial orientation and ongoing staff development; initiates performance evaluations and disciplinary actions as required and assists in the coordination and the deployment of staff consistent with program needs.
- Ensures that all clients participate in accordance with their interests and abilities by providing monthly report highlighting group attendance, program milestones, planned events, and staff training.
- Supervises program staff and milieu as necessary to affect program goals and principles. Also oversees adjunctive, recreational or social activity providers (yoga, sports, art, etc.) to ensure timeliness and appropriateness of services.
- Implements standards of care and assists staff to work effectively and efficiently with residents. Participates in program development to ensure responsive care consistent with emerging client needs.
- Develops and implements program curriculum including training and evaluation of staff competencies and adherence to program design.
- Provides group and individual psychoeducation, social support and recreation services. May provide rehabilitation and group services to clients
- Provides on-call back up to other administrative staff.
- May assist with client needs as coordinated by client case managers, conservator, family members, etc.
- Ensure that CCR Title XXII regulatory agency and facility requirements, including facility documentation standards, financial records and program assets are maintained.
- Participates in and leads facility meetings and training as assigned or required.
- Mandated abuse reporter.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
A Master’ s Degree in Occupational Therapy or Recreational Therapy or a related degree and 2 years’ experience in Mental Health setting, field of Physical Restoration, Social Adjustment, or Vocational Adjustment.
Occupational Therapy Interns will also be considered for this position if they have completed their schooling and need internship hours. P rior mental health experience required.
Benefits:? This position is full time and you may be working one weekend day plus four weekdays. We offer competitive salary. You can also enjoy:
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Paid time off
• A matching 401k plan
• Opportunity to grow and learn
If you are interested in further information please send the most updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.