Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
2600 S El Camino Real #200 San Mateo, CA 94403
PsychPros is seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) to work in San Mateo, California.
Under supervision of the Medical Director, the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) will provide direct psychiatric services in a small community-based medication clinic. S/he is responsible to assess/diagnose clients’ mental health issues and work with a multi-disciplinary team, and with the client, to develop an appropriate treatment plan. The PMHNP will prescribe psychiatric medications as needed.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner (NP) program from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Certified as an NP in the State of California and hold a furnishing license issued by Board of Nursing. U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency controlled substance registration required.
- Current American Nurses Credentialing Center certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Prior experience with SMI/DD strongly preferred. Experience in psychiatric rehabilitation, preferably in a social rehabilitation environment. Experience in community field work desirable.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including email and Internet navigation required. Experience with Human Service Information Systems strongly preferred. Experience managing web based time and attendance and staff training and development system strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to Daniel@PsychPros.com.