Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
1255 Pearl Street #201 Eugene, OR 97401
We are assisting our client in Portland Oregon with their search for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP).
The PNP Provides psychiatric evaluation, medication management, and psychotherapy for children and adults in a community mental health clinic. Oversight and review of QMHPs’ annual service plans. Must be designated as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority.
Here' s what you need to qualify:
The State of Oregon is requiring all Healthcare Providers and Healthcare Staff in Healthcare Settings to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit OAR 333-019-0010
Licensed or license eligible PMHNP in the State of Oregon. Prescriptive experience required. Incumbent must have a DEA Registration number and meet any other credentialing requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills along with effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required
- Must have knowledge of current trends and concepts of professional nursing practices, as well as the principles and practices of common health problems, mental health, clinical assessment, and continuity of patient care and community aspects of health services
- Knowledge of common health problems, causes, treatment and prevention of communicable diseases, handicapping conditions, mental illness and other disabling conditions
- Must be knowledgeable on laws and regulations relating to the practice of medicine and nursing science basic to medicine (anatomy, psychophysiology, pharmacology, and microbiology)
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure
- Should be able to interface with mental health therapists and the medical community
- Should have excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management and record keeping software
- Must have respectful, open, unbiased, accepting attitude toward clients and their families
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and/or fingerprinting
Prefer at least two years of psychiatric nursing experience but will consider a recent graduate. Bilingual, Spanish/English, a plus.
Please reply with interest with your most up to date resume to email@example.com