Psychiatrist needed in El Paso
720 Poyntz Ave el paso, TX 79835
We are searching for a part-time or full-time Psychiatrist. Our client is a startup outpatient psychiatric mental health clinic serving the El Paso, Texas area.
The model of care includes evidence-based practice, highly qualified professionals working as a team, a comforting and inviting environment, and a focus on efficient and effective care.
The psychiatrist has responsibility for providing comprehensive psychiatry services (counseling, medication management, and TMS therapy) to the outpatient program.
- Prescribe, direct, or administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Administer and provide oversight to ensure safe, compliant and effective delivery of TMS.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social or medical history obtained from patients, relatives, or other professionals.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, TMS technicians, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder.
- Counsel outpatients as needed during office visits.
- Advise or inform guardians, relatives, or significant others of patients' conditions or treatment.
- Teach, take continuing education classes, attend conferences or seminars, or conduct research and publish findings to increase understanding of mental, emotional, or behavioral states or disorders.
- Participates in meetings, committees and work groups, may include some public functions and presentations if necessary.
- Abide by all facility policies and procedures and educational requirements.
- Comply with all local, state and federal regulations training and instruction requirements, as well as any other standards that govern healthcare services
- Perform other duties as assigned and permitted by law and training
Educational Requirements and Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required
- Doctoral degree in professional psychiatry program
- Current license to practice medicine/psychiatry in the state of Texas.
- Outpatient. No Call. No Weekends.