Psychologist needed in Binghamton, NY
1182 Chenango Street Binghamton, NY 13905
We are in need of a Psychologist in Binghamton, NY. The major duties are as follows:
- Undertaking psychological assessment as required at the RTC, Group Homes, foster care, and other venues.
- Providing information to staff about children/adolescents on the results of psychological evaluations and conveying recommendations.
- Articulating treatment strategies to staff for various difficulties presented by children/adolescents.
- Meeting with foster parents, parents, and other caregivers for consultation to obtain information and to discuss treatment strategies.
- Participating in treatment team meetings; and other meetings as requested.
- As requested, providing training to staff and other caregivers.
- Preparing affidavits required from a licensed psychologist, e.g. recommendations for the courts, diagnostic impressions, documentation for specialized or therapeutic foster care.
- Training and supervising the work of psychologist(s) and psychology interns at the Master’ s Degree Level. (Interns are in their second to fourth year of graduate studies in Clinical Psychology at Binghamton University.)
- Determining needs for psychological services and preparing a budget for psychological services.
- Evaluating qualifications and suitability of psychologists and psychology interns for duties.
***It is important that the NYS licensed/license eligible psychologist have a strong scientific/empirical orientation, and a cognitive-behavioral approach in formulating and providing interventions.
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to email@example.com
National Recruiting Manager