Psychologist needed in Seattle
1200 5th Avenue #800 Seattle, WA 98101 US
We are hiring for a Psychologist in Seattle.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is licensed in Washington State or able to start the process immediately.
- Is certified by DBT-Linehan Board of Certification or willing to pursue certification in first 18 months of employment with EBTCS. We will support you in the process.
- Has at least some training in comprehensive DBT (including intensive training, coursework, supervision, and/or study group).
- Loves providing therapy to clients with emotion dysregulation.
- Has some knowledge of the components of comprehensive DBT: individual therapy, skills training, phone coaching, and team for therapists.
- Works well in a team, providing and receiving consultation on a regular basis.
- Committed to contributing to an anti-racist, non-discriminatory environment with colleagues and clients.
- Provide a minimum of 20 “service units” or clinical contact hours per week for DBT clients, ages 12 and up, and their parents/family members/loved ones. This includes a combination of individual DBT, skills training, phone consultation, and other services in our outpatient and/or IOP programs. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle and offer both in person and telehealth services.
- Provide phone consultation to your own individual therapy clients. There is extensive support and training around how to provide phone coaching in a way that is sustainable, effective, and avoids burnout. Coverage is easily obtained so you can easily take time off.
- Training provided for the first year; you will work closely with our Co-Directors, and will get sufficient training to become a DBT expert with knowledge of many other evidence based treatments.
Guaranteed salary of at least $110k for roughly 20 hours of client care per week for early career psychologists, depending on licensure, training, and experience. Generous bonus program for additional hours. Last year, including bonuses, the average annual compensation for staff before their 3rd anniversary as staff was over $130,000, with additional scheduled raises at 5th and 7th anniversaries.
- Medical, dental, visual
- Retirement program with 4% match
- Life, long-term, and short-term disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance (employee pays small portion, the remainder is covered by EBTCS)
- Stipend for external continuing education opportunities
- Free in-house continuing education opportunities
- Unlimited use public transportation Orca Card
- Free parking vouchers for nearby garage
- Paid onboarding period
- Guaranteed salary with the opportunity to earn more
- Clients assigned based on interest, expertise, and desired professional development whenever possible
- Four weeks time off with the opportunity to earn more time away
- Easily obtained coverage for time away
- An intellectually rich, supportive, kind work environment
- Opportunities to receive supervision, consultation, and advanced learning
- Opportunities to supervise and teach others
- Assistance in professional development
- Option to join our research team
- Option to attend additional educational opportunities
- Option to pursue leadership opportunities or just focus on clinical work
- Flexible work hours – you control your schedule (many of our providers work a 4-day work week)
- Very strong administrative support
- All billing and insurance interaction is done by our administrative staff
- Option to provide some services via telehealth
- Option to attend and contribute to anti-racism program
- 24/7 consultation available for time-sensitive clinical situations
- Beautiful office space in the heart of downtown Seattle
- Opportunities to network; company has a strong local, national, and international reputation