Public Safety Psychologist
Tempe, AZ 85282 US
The Public Safety Psychologist provides professional behavioral health services designed to decrease the impact of unique professional and personal stressors within the public safety population. Primary areas of focus include triage and clinical intervention; which requires the application of specialized knowledge in the area of first responders and the appropriate interventions for this population. This position works closely with the Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) for ongoing training and oversight.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of the first responder population.
- Knowledge and experience with Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) interventions.
- Strong clinical skills to diagnose and treat behavioral health issues.
- Specific training and understanding of various trauma theories.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting the first responder population with FMLA, Industrial Injuries, HB2502, modified duty, etc.
Duties: Provide on-call coverage for the various public safety organizations we serve.
- Complete Post Shoot and Post Critical Incident Evaluations.
- Conduct Wellness Checks.
- Provide Critical Incident Stress Management interventions.
- Provide onsite consultation and triage.
- Work closely with various Public Safety Peer Teams.
- Maintain a small caseload of 5-10 clients for ongoing psychotherapy.
- Provide referrals, coordinate access to higher levels of care, and case management.
- Complete all appropriate documentation and follow documentation timelines.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Current, unrestricted license issued by the Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners: Ph.D (Doctor of Philosophy), Psy.D (Doctor of Psychology) or equivalent from another Psychologist State Licensing Board.
If your are interested in further information, please send over a copy of your resume and a good time to call you to Tierra@psychpros.com