Los Angeles, California 90029 | Part-Time Direct Hire
We are hiring for a part time Registered Dietician in Los Angeles, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide individual nutrition counseling to primarily low-income, non-English/limited English-speaking clients (with an interpreter) with conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, or hyperlipidemia at the main clinical site as per Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) guidelines and to Marshall High School students at SBC.
- Provide group nutrition counseling per Medical Nutrition Therapy guidelines to patients at and High School students
- Consult and/or participate in community nutritional programs (including one-on-one and group counseling, presentations, etc.) at the main site and at school-based clinic.
- Be a member of the Diabetes Instructional Team and will work with patients in the process of Diabetes Self Management Education. The RD must be experienced and skilled in diabetes and can potentially sit for the CDE Exam if the RD chooses to do so.
- Provide individual nutrition counseling to gestational diabetes patients as well as at-risk and low-risk prenatal patients to help them achieve optimal birth outcomes.
- Develop age-appropriate and culturally sensitive, self-administered screening tools to assess patients’ eating habits and level of physical activity.
- Develop age-appropriate and culturally sensitive strategies to effectively educate nutrition clients, bringing about behavioral and other measurable changes in diet and physical activity.
- Formulate meal plans with clients based on clients’ medical history and eating/exercise habits.
- Assist in diabetes curriculum modification to add/enhance its nutritional component.
- Review prenatal patient charts and identify patients at nutritional risk and provide appropriate counseling.
- Review Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) protocol and update and sign-off as needed.
- Work with various cluster staff to develop and operate obesity prevention programs.
- Assist in developing youth friendly media outreach tools.
- Assist in strategizing youth outreach and engagement for nutrition counseling.
- Participate in outreach and recruitment presentations at the school based clinic.
- Registered Dietitian Credential in good standing with minimum two years community/work experience in related field.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) strongly desired obtained within two years of start date.
- If not a Certified Diabetes Educator, RD must have or work towards 15 hours of Continuing Education in any one or combination of the following topics: diabetes specific, diabetes related, psychosocial, educational; CEUs must be awarded from an agency that accredits Continuing Education Programs. If hours have not been fulfilled, total hours must be completed within the first 6 months of employment.
- Knowledge of Asian and Pacific Islander culture and diet. Knowledge of Latino and Asian and Pacific Islander culture and diet.
- Experience working with youth, preferably with Asian, Pacific Islander, and Latino teens, and recent immigrant communities.
- Experience in working in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks using effective time management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, facilitation/presentation skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to use a personal computer, internet, Outlook e-mail, MS Word and MS Excel.
If you are interested in further information please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to reach you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.