3834 S Western Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90062 | Full-Time Temporary
We are in need of a full time temporary Registered Dietician or Nutritionist in Los Angeles, CA (90062) This position will start in April and s covering someones maternity leave. (around 3 months)
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the nutritionist identifies needs, plans, develops and implements nutritional education and services in the field of nutrition for a target population in a specialized health care project or program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts nutritional screening for special target populations as identified by referrals from clinical providers.
- Develops Individualized Nutritional Plans for patients based on nutritional assessment, medications, health status and collaboration with clinical providers.
- Designs and develops standards necessary to ensure the accomplishment of nutrition program objectives and recommends adaptation or modification of operating methods to conform to the requirements of changing organizational patient patterns and community needs.
- Recruits, screens and retains participants for special projects identified by HIV Services.
- Collaborates with HIV Case Manager in the monitoring and adherence to nutritional plans.
- Provides medical nutrition therapy to HIV patients.
- Provides calculated diets for Diabetic Patients.
- Provides monthly reports on each phase of the Nutritional /Case Management Program.
- Is responsible for filing monthly reports, progress updates and relevant correspondence to various funders and Executive Management
- May conduct BMI Assessment on patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a registered Dietitian by the American Dietetic Association OR A Bachelor’ s degree in Public Health Nutrition or related field.
- Min. three years full time experience assisting in the planning, developing and implementation of a program in the field of nutrition.
- Min. 2 years of experience working with HIV positive population.
- Experience in community clinic desirable
- Experience utilizing an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and a self-starter with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Bilingual preferred
If you are interested in further information please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to email@example.com
National Recruiting Manager
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.