4216 Fountain Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90029
We are hiring for a part time, Registered Dietician in Los Feliz, CA. (90027)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide individual nutrition counseling as a staff member of the Medical Department. Clients in need are primarily low-income, non-English/limited English-speaking clients (with an interpreter) with conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, or Hyperlipidemia.
2. Provide group nutrition counseling per Medical Nutrition Therapy guidelines. Includes patients at sites including John Marshall High School students within the School Based Clinic as assigned by the Medical Director.
3. Review prenatal patient charts, identify patients at nutritional risk, and provide appropriate counseling. Recommended reevaluation at each trimester.
4. Review Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) protocol and update and sign-off as needed.
5. Consult and/or participate in community nutritional programs (including one-on-one and group counseling, presentations, etc.) at the main site and at school-based clinic.
6. Work with patients in the process of Diabetes Self Management Education. The RD must be experienced and skilled in diabetes and can potentially sit for the CDE Exam if the RD chooses to do so.
7. Provide individual nutrition counseling to gestational diabetes patients as well as at-risk and low-risk prenatal patients to help them achieve optimal birth outcomes.
8. Develop age-appropriate and culturally sensitive, self-administered screening tools to assess patients’ eating habits and level of physical activity.
9. Develop age-appropriate and culturally sensitive nutrition strategies to educate clients, bringing about behavioral and other measurable changes in diet and physical activity.
10. Formulate meal plans with clients based on clients’ medical history and eating/exercise habits.
11. Assist in diabetes curriculum modification to add/enhance its nutritional component.
12. Work with PCMH/EHR Manager and Case Coordinator to assess effectiveness of interventions and track persons in need of care. Such reports shall be sent to the Medical Director for review and shared with the QI Committee and Providers on Staff.
13. Work with staff to develop and operate obesity prevention programs.
14. Assist in developing youth friendly media outreach tools for SBC.
15. Assist in strategizing youth outreach and engagement for nutrition counseling at SBC.
16. Participate in outreach and recruitment presentations at the school-based clinic.
- Registered Dietitian Credential in good standing with minimum two years community/work experience in related field.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) strongly desired obtained within two years of start date.
- If not a Certified Diabetes Educator, RD must have or work towards 15 hours of Continuing Education in any one or combination of the following topics: diabetes specific, diabetes related, psychosocial, educational; CEUs must be awarded from an agency that accredits Continuing Education Programs. If hours have not been fulfilled, total hours must be completed within the first 6 months of employment.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn about and adapt recommended diet appropriate for the culture and diet of Latino and Asian and Pacific Islander clients.
- Experience working with youth, preferably with Asian, Pacific Islander, and Latino teens, and recent immigrant communities.
- Experience in working in a clinical setting.
If you are interested in further information, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org