Residential Counselors needed in San Francisco
170 9th Street San Francisco, CA 94103 US
- Swing Shift- 11am – 7pm, 1pm – 10pm
- Overnight Shift- 9pm-7am, 11pm – 8am
- Pay-$24-$29 hr
The Residential Counselor provides support and counseling services to an adult population with psychiatric, substance abuse and/or HIV-AIDS related disabilities. Residential counselors advocate for and respond to clients’ treatment and rehabilitation needs. All agency services are provided from the philosophy of social rehabilitation, which integrates teaching daily living skills in a safe and healthy environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform intake interviews and assist with client treatment plan development, implementation and discharge planning.
- Assess the clinical needs of resident clients.
- Evaluate clients for potential crisis situations and determine appropriate intervention.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions as assigned.
- Monitor and document clients’ progress toward achievement of individual goals.
- Record clinical notes and hourly rounds to meet Medi-Cal standards and licensure requirements.
- Maintain shift coverage and primary supervision and support of residential clients.
- Act as a role model - guiding clients and facilitating appropriate behavior about daily living skills, self-care, personal interaction, social relationships and constructive time management.
- Facilitate and supervise clients with residential house chores, meal preparation, and group activities.
- Ensure that clients are linked with a primary care provider and assist with identifying and accessing community resources.
- Participate in staff and shift change meetings.
- Maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff.
- Maintain agency 30 hour per year staff development training requirement.
- Ability to work at a San Francisco worksite, effective post Covid.
All direct care staff shall have graduated from high school or possess a GED and have a minimum of one (1) year of full-time experience, or its part-time equivalent, working in a program serving people with mental disabilities. Such experience must be in the direct provision of services to clients
If you are interested please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to call you to firstname.lastname@example.org