825 E Orange Grove Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91104
We are hiring for a Security Officer in Pasadena, CA.
- Monday, Tues, and Wednesday 11: 00am to 7: 30pm.
- Thursday and Friday off.
- Saturday and Sunday 7: 00am to 3: 30pm.
The Security Officer ensures a safe environment for the staff, clients of and visitors to . The Security Officer provides for the general welfare and safety of all persons who visit the facility or its grounds and promotes positive relationships with neighboring businesses and organizations. The Security Officer assists residents and patrons in accessing day services and provides information and referrals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet visitors and assist their access to the facility; promote a welcoming environment
- Complete verification of homelessness documentation.
- Distribute meal tickets and otherwise assist as needed with meal programs.
- Assist residents and patrons with accessing day services, such as shower program, medical clinic and legal clinic.
- Assist clients in completing forms and provide information and referrals as needed.
- Interact with clients to identify needs and provide support in accessing additional available resources.
- Complete client assessment forms.
- Prepare written reports as needed or requested by the Security Supervisor.
- Regularly walk surrounding neighborhood to help maintain cordial relationships with the neighboring business and non-profit agencies.
- Prepare and maintain a safe and secure work area; maintain visual surveillance of the public areas and maintain order as needed.
- Notify appropriate staff and law enforcement in situations that threaten the safety of personnel, clients or the security of the building.
- Notify staff in other Union Station locations of persons or problems that may affect their safety or working conditions.
- Assist visitors and staff to locate appropriate parking; ensure the safety of the volunteers as they enter and leave the parking lot at night.
- Provide transportation to residents as authorized by supervisor.
- Attend occasional meetings with local partner agency providers.
- Clear the patio area of all persons during the 12-step meeting and clear the premises of all visitors by 7: 30 PM.
- Accept and safely store all donations that arrive after hours or during the weekend.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent problem solving and observations skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service focus.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention; ability to remain calm and respond appropriately in crisis situations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to act with diplomacy, flexibility, good judgment and versatility while dealing with people with a history of chronic substance abuse and serious mental illness.
- Proficient with office communication equipment and machines
- Valid California driver’ s license strongly preferred.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have experience working with a diverse population, including varied socio-economic backgrounds, circumstances such as homelessness, mental / physical health challenges, and other diverse needs.
- Experience working in a human services environment strongly desired.
- Experience providing crowd/people control preferred.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California Security Guard Card strongly preferred.
This is a temp/ temp to hire role that pays $12.50 an hour. If you are interested in further information please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to email@example.com
National Recruiting Manager