Seeking Psychiatrist in Pittsburgh
665 Rodi Road Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15201 | Part-Time Direct Hire
We are assisting a facility in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in their search for a Part-Time or 1099 Psychiatrist. The organization is dedicated to providing education and human services to individuals with special needs.
- To act as the Psychiatrist for prescribed clients.
- Supervise the treatment team in numerous areas.
- Conduct psychiatric assessments including psychiatric history, course of illness, response to treatment, mental status examination, and 5 Axis DSM IV diagnoses and present assessment results at team meetings and treatment plan meetings.
- Perform individual, group, and family supportive therapy, as well as psychotherapy and illness education as needed.
- Prescribe psychotropic medications and conduct regular assessments of therapeutic responses and side effects and educate clients regarding psychotropic medications.
- Collaborate with Registered Nurses in assessment of client physical health, making appropriate referrals to community physicians for further assessment and treatment.
- Provide ongoing support along with the rest of the ACT / CTT team as well as counseling and education to team members and family members of clients to help them become more knowledgeable about mental illness
- Provide crisis assessment and management of consumers during regular work hours, both on and off site over the phone, during other hours, and as on call back up to the first line of on call staff
- Board eligible or board certified Psychiatrist in the State of PA
- Experience providing treatment to persons with severe and persistent mental illness
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Act 33 and 44 clearances are required
For immediate consideration, please send your most up-to-date resume to Elizabeth@psychpros.com
Elizabeth Tandrup-National Recruiter
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.