Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor
Cleveland, OH 44112
PsychPros is currently recruiting for a full-time therapist to work with children/adolescents and their families in a residential treatment facility. Provides a supportive, nurturing environment which encourages clients to develop healthy relationships with themselves as well as others. No traveling required. Must be available some evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate initial procedures for admission, including completion of required intake forms and releases.
- Complete assessments on all client/families applying eligibility and diagnostic criteria to determine client appropriateness for treatment in various modalities.
- Facilitate individual, group and family counseling, facilitates client and family groups and programs, and facilitates other groups as assigned.
- Develop specific treatment goals in collaboration with client, client’ s guardian, and client’ s treatment providers.
- Identify and evaluate client’ s strengths, limitations, problems and needs and includes these in client ISP (individual service plan).
- Collaborate with treatment team to develop, implement and modify the ISP (individual service plan) as required.
- Participate in treatment team to provide updates on client progress in group, individual and family counseling.
- Complete treatment plans and all required documentation; submit as required.
- Provide case management/community psychiatric supportive treatment (CPST).
- Meet productivity requirements.
- Provide crisis intervention with clients as needed.
- Provide a variety of counseling services to address the specific needs of population served. Skilled in working with client with multiple issues: trauma, addiction, mental health, grief and loss, etc.
- Utilize evidence-based treatment to ensure effective service delivery based on client’ s clinical issues/needs.
- Provide information and guidance on utilization of community resources, initiates and follows up on referrals as needed.
- Chart results of assessment and treatment planning; writes reports, progress notes, discharge summaries and other client-related information in support of client’ s progress in treatment in a timely manner
- Participate actively in supervision process to ensure comprehensive, quality care for clients.
- Participate in professional development by attending workshops, seminars and classes in job related areas.
- Comply with all federal, state and funding regulatory requirements.
- Performing other related activities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Master’ s Degree in Social Work preferred, LISW preferred but not required.
- At least one year of full-time equivalent paid or volunteer experience required working with children or youth.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply through this posting.