Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor
Cleveland, Ohio 44112 | Full-Time Direct Hire
PsychPros is currently recruiting for a full-time therapist to work with children/adolescents and their families in a residential treatment facility. Provides a supportive, nurturing environment which encourages clients to develop healthy relationships with themselves as well as others. No traveling required. Must be available some evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate initial procedures for admission, including completion of required intake forms and releases.
- Complete assessments on all client/families applying eligibility and diagnostic criteria to determine client appropriateness for treatment in various modalities.
- Facilitate individual, group and family counseling, facilitates client and family groups and programs, and facilitates other groups as assigned.
- Develop specific treatment goals in collaboration with client, client’ s guardian, and client’ s treatment providers.
- Identify and evaluate client’ s strengths, limitations, problems and needs and includes these in client ISP (individual service plan).
- Collaborate with treatment team to develop, implement and modify the ISP (individual service plan) as required.
- Participate in treatment team to provide updates on client progress in group, individual and family counseling.
- Complete treatment plans and all required documentation; submit as required.
- Provide case management/community psychiatric supportive treatment (CPST).
- Meet productivity requirements.
- Provide crisis intervention with clients as needed.
- Provide a variety of counseling services to address the specific needs of population served. Skilled in working with client with multiple issues: trauma, addiction, mental health, grief and loss, etc.
- Utilize evidence-based treatment to ensure effective service delivery based on client’ s clinical issues/needs.
- Provide information and guidance on utilization of community resources, initiates and follows up on referrals as needed.
- Chart results of assessment and treatment planning; writes reports, progress notes, discharge summaries and other client-related information in support of client’ s progress in treatment in a timely manner
- Participate actively in supervision process to ensure comprehensive, quality care for clients.
- Participate in professional development by attending workshops, seminars and classes in job related areas.
- Comply with all federal, state and funding regulatory requirements.
- Performing other related activities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Master’ s Degree in Social Work preferred, LISW preferred but not required.
- At least one year of full-time equivalent paid or volunteer experience required working with children or youth.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply through this posting.
Senior Account Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.