Substance Abuse Counselor needed in Yakima
120 S 3rd Street Yakima, WA 98901
- Accurately reporting progress or lack of probation, community service, warrants, etc. as stipulated.
- Communicate effectively, in a timely way, regarding patient’ s needs, progress, problems, including recommendations, with various agencies involved in the patient’ s life.
- Represent, in a professional manner, the patients and the agency, in court, with testimony, legal matters, depositions, and recommendations regarding the patient’ s treatment.
- Understand and implement the essential elements of the ASAM assessment, placement process, objectives of individualized treatment planning as directed by ASAM criteria, and the essential elements of the ASAM continuous stay criteria.
- Document all individual and group sessions and perform case review each patient’ s progress and document this in their file, according to WAC requirements.
- Demonstrate effective group and individual counseling skills and case management skills.
- Understand the need for crisis intervention in case of acute emotional of physical distress.
- Be aware of the legal obligations of emergency management, i.e., CPS involvement reports to police.
- Be able to deliver effective and concise patient and family education in the form of lecture, video, written, or individualized media.
- Understand how to make appropriate and effective referrals.
- Maintain files, reports, and records as required by the WAC’ s.
- Participate in counselor staff meetings. Review selects patient’ s treatment program with peers.
- SUDP - $21.00-$24.00/hr.
- SUDPT - $18.00-$20.00/hr.