Supervisor of Behavioral Health
1040 Park Ave Baltimore, MD 21201 US
PsychPros is an award-winning, nationally recognized staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to behavioral healthcare. We are currently recruiting for a Supervisor of Behavioral Health to work full-time in Baltimore, MD.
The Supervisor of Behavioral Health will provide daily operations of clinical and performance oversight of a behavioral health team that incorporates licensed social workers, licensed behavioral health clinicians, community health workers and social determinants of health specialists. Someone who obtains this title understands the complexities of co-occurring conditions, how they impact the health and overall wellbeing of our members, and strategically works closely with the Manager of Behavioral Health to identify and execute integrated processes that bring about better outcomes.
Oversight responsibilities include case file audits, ride alongs, and 1: 1 coaching. Leading team meetings and maintaining morale through virtual and in-person activities. Working in collaboration with the Manager of Behavioral Health, the Supervisor is responsible for interviewing, hiring, and ensuring onboarding/training needs are met for new hires. This role serves as a behavioral health subject matter expert (SME) for internal initiatives when in partnership with the Manager of Behavioral Health.
Job Duties Include:
- Leading a behavioral health team with the help of daily operational reports to monitor team performance. Closely collaborating with medical counterparts to deliver integrated care through interdisciplinary care team meetings, case consultations, etc.
- Overseeing clinical and nonclinical staff development and performance that results in individual care planning.
- Oversee that all caseloads/members assigned include a timely follow up as well as hosting regular 1: 1 meetings and team meetings.
- Interviewing, hiring, and completing departmental onboarding/preceptorships for new employees in coordination with the Manager of Behavioral Health.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with community based organizations and providing direct collaboration with clinical crisis intervention and de-escalation for members presenting in a crisis situation.
- Identifying and mitigating barriers to team productivity and member care through data analysis, problem solving, and using that to positively impact utilization and member satisfaction/retention to care.
Qualified candidates will be clinically licensed (LCSW-C, LPC, LPCC LCPC, LMHC, RN) and have at least 3 years of supervisory experience, as well as experience in a community mental health center or managed care organization. A valid driver’ s license and reliable transportation.