Temporary Care Coordinator
825 E Orange Grove Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91104
We are in need of a full time, temporary Care Coordinator in Pasadena, CA. This assignment will last 2-3 months and pays $16.50 an hour.
The Care Coordinator for the Adult Center provides assessment and case management to assigned residents of the Adult Shelter. The Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all assigned residents are connected with the agency and community resources that meet their shelter, financial, social service, mental health and physical health needs during the resident’ s stay at the shelter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following:
· Conduct assessments of each new resident within two business days of admission to determine resident’ s need for financial, social, and medical services, and eligibility for services, and the resident’ s ability and willingness to access services.
· Work with assigned residents and applicable partnering agency to develop individual case plans intended to assist residents in establishing and meeting appropriate goals.
· Provide appropriate support and referrals to assist with the stabilization of health, finances, and permanent housing needs.
· Conduct assessments to evaluate the resident’ s mental health and seek consultation to determine the need for psychiatric services; make arrangements for the provision of these services.
· Help develop community resources in Pasadena needed to meet the needs of the homeless.
· Work closely with contracted facilities to ensure efficient and appropriate referrals.
· Assess employability of each resident and refer to Sources, Vocational Rehabilitation or other suitable resources if appropriate.
· Assist residents who have a history of substance abuse or who are currently abusing drugs or alcohol to develop a plan for maintaining sobriety.
· Participate in CES case conferencing meetings to coordinate services with other providers.
· Complete residents’ monthly progress reports.
· Facilitate transportation for residents to access necessary community resources.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
· A bachelor’ s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Sociology AND a minimum of two years of experience in a social services setting.
· A bachelor’ s degree in an unrelated field AND four years of experience in a social service setting.
· At least seven years of experience in a social services setting AND three years of experience in homeless services.
If you are interested and can interview and start quickly, please send a copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to email@example.com