San Mateo, CA 94401
A private mental health clinic located in San Mateo, CA is seeking a Full-Time Licensed Therapist.
Teen and Family Coaching is provided in the home and community to teach teens and families how to reduce and manage challenging behaviors as they are occurring and to promote success by increasing positive behaviors and healthy coping skills. This service works with the whole family to provide support to improve communication, create structure, and model how to manage challenging situations.
• Work with teens and families in the home or community to address specific targeted behaviors
• Conduct full-cycle behavioral change by conducting assessments, developing and implementingbehavioral plans, and overseeing transition plans to ensure long-lasting change
• Provide modeling, structure, support, and immediate one-to-one behavioral interventions
• Identify crisis and/or safety issues and develop appropriate safety plans
• Collaborate and communicate regularly with all treatment team members (parents, psychiatrists, primary care physicians, etc.)
• Timely maintenance of clinical documentation in accordance with agency policy
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date calendars and client information using practice management software
• Meet regularly with supervisor(s) for consultation regarding clients’ cases and progress
• California licensed clinician registered and in good standing with the BBS
• Passionate about working with adolescents and their families
• Must have experience working with teens and families providing crisis assessment, management, and Interventions
• Ability to develop and implement individualized, strength-based behavior treatment plans
• Ability to work collaboratively and maintain close communication with all treatment team members
• Energetic, motivated, compassionate, personable, hard-working, and reliable
• Must be able and willing to work a variable schedule based on the therapeutic needs of the teens and families (primarily afternoons, evenings, and weekends)
• Valid CA drivers’ license, proof of insurance, and reliable personal vehicle for work
For immediate consideration please submit resume, cover letter and a good day and time to contact you.