Therapist needed in Denver, CO
Mississippi Avenue Denver, CO 80246
We are hiring for a Family Therapist and a Primary Therapist in Denver, CO.
Summary of Major Functions:
Primarily responsible for the family focus of PHP/TIOP patients as part of interdisciplinary team. Provides family therapy, group therapy, and treatment planning, and documents all treatment processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate ability to provide comprehensive and ongoing assessment resulting in appropriate treatment and discharge recommendations (Patient’ s BioPsychoSocial completed and filed in patient’ s chart within 72 hours).
- Create an individualized treatment plan with appropriate PHP goals and objectives (completed within 72 hours) and continually monitors progress and re-evaluates appropriateness of goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practice of clinical interviewing/counseling skills.
- Ensure that patients are seen for individual therapy as clinically indicated (twice weekly for PHP).
- Demonstrate ability to build therapeutic rapport.
- Provide case management for each assigned case: demonstrate ability to facilitate and/or ensure the whole of patient care, integrate all aspects of care and ease the process of treatment for the patient.
- Facilitate meals with expertise: demonstrate ability to challenge behaviors and support recovery.
- Facilitate meals with patients in a fashion consistent with current policies and procedures; eat and model appropriate eating behaviors during assigned mealtimes with patients.
- Facilitate groups with expertise: demonstrate ability to engage, set limits and monitor the group process.
- Maintain and develop group curriculum.
- Is creative in therapeutic interventions to maintain a safe, supportive, clinically sound milieu.
- Is present and available for patient requests and needs; provide outreach to patients when necessary.
- Maintain daily program structure.
- Lead weekly staffings, conveying pertinent clinical information, formulating goals for the following week, and effectively communicating with members of the treatment team.
- Ongoing attention to discharge plan evidenced by development of aftercare plan, transition sessions with OP providers, and patient’ s awareness of available resources.
- Thorough discharge summaries reflect course of treatment and D/C recommendations; completed within seven days of discharge and sent to patient’ s outpatient providers.
- Demonstrate leadership in assuring continuity and quality of partial program, including curriculum development and group implementation.
- Provide clinical supervision to select clinical employees as assigned by Program Director.
- Licensed as
- LCSW, LPC, LMFT; Master’ s degree or,
- PhD, in behavioral health field.
- Clinical conceptualization of the treatment of eating disorders and dual diagnosis grounded in evidenced-based treatment models.
- Experience working individually and in groups with eating disordered patients.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Clinical leadership skills including experience supervising staff.