Therapist needed in Prescott, AZ
505 W Whipple Street Prescott, AZ 86301
This reports to the Clinical Director and Director of Clinical Services. Responsible for providing counseling services to clients in both individual and group sessions. Coordinates care with the treatment team, develops clinical treatment plans for each client and facilitates the process of clients achieving treatment goals. Able to respond appropriately to crisis situations.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Facilitate therapy and psychoeducational groups as assigned.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to assigned clients
- Maintain clinical documentation that is both current and accurate and which meets the standards of the Joint Commission and AZBBHE.
- Conduct clinical intakes for incoming clients within established time frames.
- Communicate pertinent information regarding clients, both electronically and verbally, while adhering to HIPAA standards of confidentiality and privacy
- Coordinate client care with the treatment team in an effective and timely manner
- Complete all clinical documentation within 24 hours.
- Complete clinical updates for utilization reviews as directed.
- Provide family members designated by the client with weekly updates on progress; and communicate other pertinent information as needed, e.g., medical treatment, injuries, suicidal/homicidal ideation, ASA discharges.
- Participate in the clinical on-call rotation and complete the responsibilities associated with it, as directed by your supervisor and the On-Call Communication Process protocol. Be available after business hours and the weekend during your assigned week.
- Meet the licensure requirements of the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners and Decision Point including completing continuing education and supervision hours. Provide Decision Point with documentation of both.
- Participate in weekly treatment team meeting to staff clients.
- Attend all other meetings and trainings as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Master’ s degree and licensed, or eligible for licensure, by the AZBBHE (preferred).
- Bachelor’ s degree in social work, Counseling, or Marriage & Family Therapy with master’ s degree in process.
- Meets the qualifications of a Behavioral Health Technician as defined by the state
- Two or more years of full-time direct work experience
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Must be knowledgeable about the role of Family of Origin issues, Family Systems Theory and trauma in the development and treatment Alcohol/Drug Abuse.
- Must be knowledgeable about therapeutic models used to treat drug/alcohol abuse, able to identify personal theoretical approach to therapy.
- Must be open-minded, flexible and willing to take direction
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must work well in a crisis setting and be willing to learn new crisis intervention techniques